When we think of famous figures like Bill Clinton, Vladimir Putin, or Margaret Thatcher, we usually imagine them as middle-aged people who are sitting in their offices, trying to shape the political map of the world. But we often forget that aside from their reputation and power, they’re ordinary people just like the rest of us. These influential politicians also pose for graduation photos, play sports on the weekends, and cry their eyes out in their childhood years.
BoredFeed invites you to take a look at 19 photos of young world leaders before they gained political power.
19. John F. Kennedy at age 10
18. Barack Obama as a student at Harvard University, circa 1992
17. Bill Clinton as a child, circa 1950
16. Theodore Roosevelt, 1870
15. Nelson Mandela at the age of 19
14. Adolf Hitler as a child, 1889-1890
13. Margaret Thatcher at age 13
12. Fidel Castro in New York, 1955
11. Saddam Hussein, circa 1956
10. Mahatma Gandhi at age 21
9. Donald Trump in the New York Military Academy yearbook, 1964
8. Members of the Whittier College football team with Richard Nixon wearing the #12 jersey, circa 1930
7. Dwight D. Eisenhower at his graduation from West Point Military Academy in New York, 1915
6. Gerald R. Ford, 1918
5. The future Queen Elizabeth II, 1945
4. George W. Bush playing in the front yard of his family home, 1953
3. Joseph Stalin, 1902
2. Hillary Clinton, 1958
1. A class photo of Vladimir Putin, 1964-1965
Did you manage to recognize all of the world leaders above? Who has changed the most?
Preview photo credit Hulton Archive / Stringer / Getty Images